The Protection of the Environment and Water Infrastructure during and after Armed Conflicts
At the occasion of the International Law Seminar of the UN International Law Commission, the Platform for International Water Law of the Geneva Water Hub will discuss the protection of the environment and water infrastructurebefore and after armed conflict.
- Laurence Boisson de Chazournes, Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Geneva and Co-Director, Geneva Centerfor International Dispute Settlement; Member of the Global High-Level on Water and Peace, Geneva Water Hub
- Marco Sassòli, Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Geneva and Director, Geneva Academy of International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights
- The International Law Commission Draft Principles on the Protection of the Environment in Relationto Armed Conflicts – Marja Lehto, Special Rapporteur of the International Law Commission on the Protection of the Environment in Relation to Armed Conflicts
- The International Committee of the Red Cross Guidelines on the Protection of the Natural Environment in Situations of Armed Conflict – Helen Obregón ,Legal Advisor, Legal Division, International Committee of the Red Cross.
- The Geneva List of Principles on the Protection of Water Infrastructure- Mara Tignino, Reader andCoordinator, Platform for International Water Law/Geneva Water Hub, Faculty of Law and Institute for Environmental Sciences, University of Geneva.
- Dane Azaria, Associate Professor, Facultyof Laws, University College London.
- Robert Kolb, Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Geneva.